Mark Salling's autopsy reveals the late actor had alcohol in his system– 0.08% BAC, TMZ has learned after obtaining the official document. The limit for driving is 0.05% in NSW which means he was well over the legal point of intoxication. he toxicology report also shows he was not on any other drugs.
Salling's cause of death has been ruled asphyxia by hanging according to the Glee star's official death certificate which has also been released following his passing on February 1. The document filed in L.A. country and obtained by TMZ also confirms original reports that the 35-year-old was found by a riverbed in Sunland, CA not far from his residence. The death was ruled a suicide.
In October 2017, Salling pled guilty to possession of child pornography involving prepubescent minors and was awaiting sentencing. Prosecutors and his lawyers had expected the sentencing to be four to seven years in jail, with twenty years of supervised release.
Co-star Matthew Morrison shared this tribute following Mark's death. In a video, Jane Lynch said that she that Salling’s death was “tragic” and that she was “broken-hearted.” She said she will remember him “as the guy who made that who made that sweet video at the beginning of Glee when he was so happy to be part of this group
If you or someone you know needs help, please contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Headspace on 1800 650 890.