InStyle spoke to Mimi to get the lowdown on how she gives her skin some extra TLC. Best of all, these DIY skin care treats are made with ingredients you'll likely already have in your kitchen.
"When you have some extra time, invest in masks and use them as much as possible. I currently do a different one every day. Following Eastern skincare practices, it’s extremely beneficial for our skin to use a facemask with a different function every day - it could be firming, luminising, moisturising or detoxifying," says Mimi.
GREEN TEA MASK
Mimi likes this one because it's "an excellent toxin cleanser. It enhances skin tone and gives skin an instant glow."
- 1 cup of green tea
- 2 cups of rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Combine ingredients to make an ointment
- Apply to the skin
- Leave on for 20 minutes
- When it's time to remove, massage the mask into the skin and rinse with water
"This works as an amazing exfoliating mask. This mask reduces inflammation and works as an enzyme exfoliator. If you have sensitive skin, you can omit the lemon," explains Mimi.
- 1 x fresh lemon
- Prepare your oatmeal in a saucepan over the stove according to the package
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the prepared oatmeal (you can eat the rest or save for another masking session!) with a squeeze of lemon
- Allow to cool
- Apply to skin and wait 15 minutes
- Rinse off with water
Mimi says a tumeric preparation is an "excellent mask for glowing and softening of the skin."
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Mix all ingredients together to create ointment
- Apply to the skin for 20 minutes
- Rinse with water
Want even more beauty? Tune in to Get Lippy, the podcast that lifts the lid on all things beauty from the editors at InStyle, marie claire and BEAUTYCrew.
Hit play below or search for Get Lippy wherever you podcast: