The Bachelorette villain Blake Coleman was evicted from the series in last week's tense home-town episode. Now, a man named Tristan Cooper has spoken with Perth Now about the night he was assaulted by the star and left lying almost-paralysed in the street.
After midnight on Monday August 10th 2015, Tristan and three of his friends were leaving Hungry Jack's in Claremont. He says that Blake and five of his friends were having a verbal altercation with another friend on the street. Tristan attempted to diffuse the situation, standing between the men, and "telling everyone to go their separate ways."
After attempting to calm the fight, Tristan walked down the street before being attacked from behind. He remembers waking up on the ground in a pool of his own blood, unable to feel his arms or legs. CTV Footage of the incident shows how horrible the attack was.
“Blake and his group were yelling and we were walking away,” Mr Cooper said. “Then he just came running up and with all his body weight sort of grabbed me in the back of the head and threw me into the side of Hungry Jack’s. He picked me up by my neck and threw me down and my head’s whacked the corner of the window as I’ve gone down. I got knocked out and then I came to."
The impact when Tristan hit the ground was so hard that his female friend was sprayed with blood, reports Perth Now.
“When I went down he stepped over my lifeless body and then just proceeded to get in a fist fight with Sam.”
According to the publication, police obtained footage and audio of Blake "laughing" about his assault in a taxi home after the incident.
In court, Blake's lawyer reportedly referenced his upcoming role on the series.
“His lawyer said he’s a refrigeration mechanic by trade, he lives with his parents and that he’s been shortlisted for The Bachelorette and that he wouldn’t want this opportunity to be on the show to be hindered,” Tristan said. “I just thought, ‘You’ve got to be joking’.”
After two years in court, Blake was handed a fine and ordered to pay Tristan $850 to compensate for the ambulance.
Channel 10 responded to the article on behalf of Blake. “I am truly remorseful and accepted full responsibility for my actions,” he said in a statement