First Nation Organisations That Need Our Help.
Do Your Research.
It is not the responsibility of Black and Indigenous communities to help us understand systematic racism and oppression. Instead, look to books, podcasts and films to help inform. There are countless resources out there, and we've just listed just a few:
- Because a White Man’ll Never Do It (1973) By Kevin Gilbert
- The Tall Man: Death and Life on Palm Island (2009) By Chloe Hooper
- Black Politics (2009) By Sarah Maddison
- Talking to my Country (2016) By Stan Grant
- Am I Black Enough for You? (2012) By Anita Heiss
- Killing Rage: Ending Racism (1995) By Bell Hooks
- So You Want to Talk About Race (2018) By Ijeoma Oluo
- Ain’t I a Woman: Black Women and Feminism (1981) By Sojourner Truth
- Sister Outsider: Essays and Speeches (1984) By Audre Lorde
- White Fragility (2018) By Robin DiAngelo
- How to Be an Antiracist (2019) By Ibram X. Kendi
- The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith
- Samson and Delilah
- Where the Green Ants Dream
- Rabbit Proof Fence
Follow Informative Social Media Accounts.
Love Black Rainbow Australia